Trierer Str. 27
To get to the Haus by car,
- take motorway A1 towards Trier or Euskirchen
- take exit 112 at Bad Münstereifel / Mechernich
- at the next "T" intersection turn left onto the secondary road L61 towards Mechernich
- at the next intersection turn left towards Breitenbenden into Mechernicher Str.
- follow the main road Mechernicher Str. until you leave Breitenbenden and enter Vussem.
- The Haus is located about 1 km after the village limits sign on the right side just before you get to the 3rd intersection in Vussem itself.
- If not in front of the Haus, you'll find temporary parking spots right across the intersection.
Arrival by Air
- The closest airports are Cologne/Bonn and Dusseldorf. These airports are most suitable for travellers starting from or transferring at another European airport.
- People attending from overseas should try to book a direct flight to Frankfurt airport, if possible.
- Quite a number of national and international airlines cooperate with the German railway company Deutsche Bahn by offering a Rail&Fly ticket. This ticket enables you to reach Mechernich free of charge, at least for the train ride. For more information please refer to https://www.bahn.de/p_en/view/tourism/flight/rail-and-fly.shtml.
- Please note that there are no shopping possibilities in Vussem. In our experience and usually prior to the 2nd day of a training or workshop, participants take it upon themselves to organise car-sharing for shopping trips. You should provide catering at least for the first day at the House.
Arrival by Public Transport
- Take the train to Mechernich Bahnhof. From Mechernich take bus # 826 or 830. Alternatively you can use the TaxiBus to Vussem Schule.
- From the Vussem Schule bus stop walk for a few minutes in the same direction to the House.
- To Mechernich the bus stop is directly across the street from the House.
- For your individual journey options consult the timetable information system of the German railway company Deutsche Bahn: https://www.bahn.de/p_en/view/
- It is possible to take a taxi during off-peak times. For more information, refer to the section Taxi. Bus lines 826 or 830
- If you have a ticket valid for travel within North Rhine-Westphalia (e.g. NRW-Ticket) you are able to travel at no extra cost to Vussem School. Without a valid ticket the bus price is 2,80 €. TaxiBus
- The transport service Rhein-Sieg completes its bus services between Mechernich Bahnhof and Vussem Schule with the TaxiBus. The departure and arrival times of the TaxiBus are geared to the timetable of Mechernich Bahnhof.
- The TaxiBus runs from Monday to Saturday from 6:20-21:30 and on Sunday from 9:30-19:00. Outside of these hours, you can take a regular taxi.
- You need to book the TaxiBus journey in advance by phone, i.e. no later than 60 minutes [!] before departure.
- Dial +49 - 2441 - 99 45 45 45. You will be transferred to a voice menu; press <1> (Verkehrsbereich Euskirchen), then you will be connected to the TaxiBus office.
- If you have large luggage mention this at the time of booking - it is important to remember your Mechernich arrival time.
- If you have a ticket valid for travel within North Rhine-Westphalia (e.g. NRW-Ticket) and take the TaxiBus there is a 1 € charge. Without a ticket the charge is 3,80 €.
- Usually, the TaxiBus is a mini van. Animals are excluded from carriage, except guide dogs.
- A regular taxi ride from Mechernich to the House will cost between 10-12 €. Taxi
- Taxis stand outside Mechernich Bahnhof and are geared to the arrival of trains. A journey to the House (Vussem, Trierer Str. 27) will cost 10-12 €.
- A taxi journey from Vussem to Mechernich should be pre-ordered several hours in advance. A list of local taxi companies can be found at: http://www.gelbeseiten.de/taxi/mechernich